Looking for a reliable tool to translate phrases, texts, documents or even websites? Check out a selection of the best translators from the Grade Education Centre.
To help you decide which online translator is best for work, study, or other tasks, we have created a brief overview of each of them.
The most famous online translator in the world with a simple interface and optimal functionality. With Google Translate you can easily translate:
- Some parts of the text by copying and pasting.
- Any website by entering a URL.
- Uploaded documents in .docx, .pdf, .pptx or .xlsx format.
Google Translate has apps for iOS and Android that make it easy to translate from your smartphone. And the Chrome browser has a built-in function for translating websites.
- Transcription and transliteration functions, as well as audio playback.
- Possibility to save the translation and share it on Twitter or via email.
- Broad language base. In addition to English-Ukrainian and Ukrainian-English translation, more than 130 languages are available.
- The mobile application has the function of translating photos and videos. It is enough to point the smartphone camera at the text and the program will translate it in real time.
- The text size is limited to 5000 characters at a time.
- Site translations may not be accurate.
Microsoft Bing Translator
This online translator has the same functionality as Google Translate. The main difference is that it is powered by Microsoft’s translation service, not Google’s. Bing Translator also has an app with a unique conversational feature. The program divides the smartphone screen into two parts and translates the conversation in real time. Try it, this is a great opportunity to overcome any difficulties in live communication with foreigners!
- Section with the most common phrases in the web version. They are divided into categories for quick search in any everyday situation.
- English and over 100 languages available. Automatic detection of the original language.
- Fast and convenient translation of text, pictures, conversations.
- Translation of documents requires registration, additional fees may apply.
- The text input field is limited to only 1000 characters.
Deep L Translator
Online translator with built-in artificial intelligence for maximum translation accuracy. In addition to English, it supports more than 30 languages. DeepL translates even large amounts of text while retaining richness. Particularly interesting is the function of the translator – “Glossary”, which allows users to independently determine how words and phrases should be translated. This is very useful when translating highly specialized texts with many professional terms.
- Translation of web pages, as well as downloaded files in Word, PowerPoint, txt format.
- Mobile app for iOS and Android, as well as an extension for Chrome and Edge.
- Create personalized translations by customizing individual requirements and user preferences.
- The free plan allows you to translate texts up to 5,000 words.
- Lack of storage function. All texts translated in DeepL are deleted immediately after translation. On the other hand, this can be an advantage since all your data is protected.
A multifunctional online translator that combines a dictionary, contextual translation, grammar checker and synonym search. Thus, by entering text into the field and pressing Enter, you get more than just a translation. Reverso will additionally offer you several expressions that use this word or phrase. In addition, you will receive voice acting and transliteration, and an auto-corrector will immediately correct all spelling errors. With Reverso, any translation is a pleasure.
- High-quality translation of words and phrases in context.
- App for iOS or Windows with free version or premium subscription.
- Instant translation of documents in Word, PDF, PowerPoint, Excel and other formats.
- There is no translation of the interface into Ukrainian.
- Only 2000 characters of text can be translated at a time.
- There is no voice input function.
How to use online translators?
If you are convinced that it is enough to copy the original text and paste it into the field of the online translator, then you risk getting something like “I will organize a conference Friday.” Use our tips to ensure that the translation result is of really high quality:
- Enter simple phrases and expressions if you can.
- Specify the subject of the translation, if it is provided by the functionality of the translator.
- To keep the essence, translate the text in whole paragraphs, not in separate sentences.
- Before translating the text, check whether it contains errors and inaccuracies and whether punctuation marks are correctly placed.
- Use several online translators and compose the best version of the translation.
Remember that the ideal translator is the one in your head. Learn to speak and think in English, and you no longer have to rely on imperfect machine translation. At the Grade Education Center, we help overcome language barriers, explain grammar rules and learn to expand your vocabulary. Contact us and we will choose a course with which you will definitely achieve your high goals in the English language!